3rd Reich Tour
Unknown to the casual tourist, many of Munich's buildings carry the secrets of a darkpast.
Adults (Ages 14+) 18€
Students - Must bring valid ID 16€
Children (Ages 6-13) 12€
2 hours and 30 minutes
Just eight decades ago, Munich bore the official title, "Hauptstadt der Bewegung" – the Capital of the Nazi Movement. This was the city that the Allied Supreme Commander General Eisenhower called "the cradle of the Nazi beast".
Munich was the birthplace of the Nazi Party and the home of its headquarters. The voice of Adolf Hitler resounded around the public squares and streets of Munich before being heard anywhere else in Germany. As the stage upon which some of the Nazis' most notorious crimes, from Hitler's failed Putsch to the horrific Kristallnacht – the largest anti-Semitic pogrom seen in western Europe for centuries and a dismal milestone on the road to the Holocaust – were launched, Munich was the nursery of a movement that would shake humanity with some of the most infamous and terrible events in history.
What to Expect
In a unique and fascinating tour, our dedicated guide will open up this hidden history for you.
- We'll show you the beer-halls which hosted the first small gatherings of the fanatics who one day would lead the Third Reich, and the places where Hitler made his first major speeches.
- We'll walk you through the streets where Hitler and his Brownshirts fought their way to power, and tell you how they did it.
- We'll show you the official Nazi Headquarters from where he bullied the world.
- We'll show you buildings that bear the scars of the Second World War.
The irony is that while much of central Munich was devastated by Allied bombing, many Nazi buildings survived and still stand today. And standing alongside them are memorials to the city's many victims of Nazism, including those who sacrificed their lives in opposing its hateful ideology.
What you will see
We'll show you all these sites and give you the story. Nowhere else can you experience a tour like this because no other place has a history quite like this.
- Fully guided tour by specialist guide.
- The beer hall where Hitler attended his first party meeting.
- The beer hall where Hitler made his first major speeches.
- The building where Goebbels launched Kristallnacht
- Monuments of Nazi architecture
- The location of the Beer Hall Putsch street battle
- Hitler's HQ – the venue for the Munich Peace Agreement
- Nazi marching grounds
- Memorials to victims and local opponents of Nazism
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
The times given are departure times. Please be here 15 mins prior to the given departure time.
Since tours are contingent of the schedule, we are unable to wait for late arrivals.
Please come to the inside of our office for check-in.
Meeting Point Information
Radius Tours Office, in Munich Central Train Station (Hauptbahnhof), just across from platforms 32-34